Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In My Mailbox (2):: IPSY! May 2013

I heard about IPSY 2 weeks ago from a YouTube video I watched. That was the first time hearing about them and after seeing all the products the girl got for $10 a month, I was in!
I was one of the lucky people to get one of the last few bags they had for May. I really wanted May's bag. One, because I loved the bag. And two because I wanted the concealer. I have been looking for a good concealer, and I figured I would try IPSY out so that I could try new products before purchasing.

A little about IPSY. It is a $10 a month subscription service. You are billed on the 1st of each month, you get an e-mail when the bags are shipped, and they have a great website where you can share your beauty photos, videos, and comment on other people's photos.
Another great thing about IPSY, is the number of people who subscribe. And this is important, to me at least, because I got my bag yesterday and I am already swapping everything I got in my bag with someone else. The only thing I kept was my nail polish.
Saying that, I am still VERY HAPPY with IPSY and will continue on with my subscription service each month with them. Which concludes what I was saying about having a big number of people who are members of them, many people are willing to trade! There are facebook pages, IPSY has a facebook page of their own where you can swap on. So if you get something that you know you won't use then you can trade it for something that you can use! And for $10 a month, and this month there was all full size samples, you get a steal!!
I think my bag wasn't the greatest, and didn't match my profile quiz I took because I was one of the last few to get a May bag, and so I think products might have just been one's they had left? I can't say that for sure. For instance, I picked the lightest skin tone on the quiz, and they sent me my concealer in honey??? Way too dark for me. I did end up trading that, but I will post what I traded behind each item I got. =)

This was my bag:

The bag is GORGEOUS! It is the main reason I signed on. I love any kind of makeup bag, already have a ton and I love any kind of purse. So this to me is worth the $10 a month!

Starting from left to right:

-YABY concealer in Honey.... This is too dark for me, I am trading someone for Buff
-Anastasia Clear Brow Gel.. I don't fill in my brows so I have no reason for this.. I am trading my brow gel for the St Tropez bronzing lotion.
-Mirabella lipstick in Pixie. This is an orange color, I didn't like it.. So I am trading this for the Mirabella lipstick in Posy.
-Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia roll on perfume. This has a very strong floral scent, not a good scent for me. I am trading this for the vanilla roll on.
- And last is a ZOYA nail polish in Gie Gie.. A very sheer color. You have to really build up to get a good result but I did end up keeping this.

Even though I did end up swapping almost everything I got, which should be here in the next day or 2. I am still VERY happy with IPSY and all of the great products I got from them. I can't wait for June!

Thanks for stopping by!

*ipsy links are referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment